Upland Game Bird Tecomix — Turkey & Game Bird Food Plot Seed
- FREE SHIPPING OVER $99
- Low stock - 4 items left
- Inventory on the way
Upland Game Bird Tecomix — Formulated to Bring World-class Upland Bird Hunting Home
All Zones: spring
anywhere ground temperature is above 68 degrees.
20 lbs. plants 1 acre
1/2 to 1 inch
Use a balanced fertilizer such as 13-13-13 or similar and apply at 250 lbs./acre
This warm season blend that was researched in Argentina, home of the world’s best bird hunting, is like nothing else on the market. A high tonnage production of food plot seeds specifically formulated to attract, hold and feed dove, quail and pheasant. Sunflowers and milo bring in migratory white wing and mourning dove, while quail thrive on grain producing millet and milo. Pheasants also make their home in our low tannin milo and sunflower. The combination of these 3 crops provides more cover and variety than any single monoculture. Plant early enough to allow for seeds to mature, which is typically about 100 days. Fast growing, long lasting and works great nationwide.
Argentine sunflowers, millet and hybrid milo
UPLAND GAME BIRD MIX, our first venture away from deer management, feeds dove, quail and pheasants like nothing else on the commercial market. Originally produced for our own enjoyment and the time honored tradition of having the best Labor Day dove hunt. Upland Game Bird has become a mainstay across the country. Birds love and need seed producing plants. Our wildlife biologist and agronomist developed a mixture containing Hybrid Sunflower from Argentina, Millet from the Western US and Hybrid White Grain Milo from Texas. The Sunflowers and Milo bring in migratory white wing and morning dove while quail thrive on our grain producing millets and milo. Pheasant also make their home in our low tannin milo and sunflower. The combination of the three crops growing together provides more cover and variety than any single monoculture could ever deliver. Upland Game Bird provides nutrition, attraction and habitat for all classes of North American game birds. This mixture works throughout the country in all zones, East and West.
- Finest upland game bird seed mix available
- Lots of seed = lots of birds
- Dove, quail, pheasant, turkey & other birds
- Modeled after highly successful Argentina bird hunting grounds
- Holds dove, quail and pheasant
- Abundant seed production
- Fast growing
- Grows nationally
Upland Gamebird Mix Planting Suggestions
- Plant in a sunny location that has been disked to a clean, level and firm seedbed.
- Tecomate recommends liming if the pH is below 5.8 and fertilizing with a phosphorous heavy fertilizer at the rate of 200 to 300 pounds per acre.
- No-till drill, cultivate and broadcast or cultivate and drill seed. Plant at a rate of 20 pounds per acre. When broadcasting, cover seed by dragging, cultipacking or lightly disking. Plant ½ inch deep in good moisture.
Food Plot Seed Contents:
sunflower seeds, white milo, white millet seed